Since 1936 passage through the turkish straits has been governed by the montreux convention following the south ossetia war in august 2008 the turkish straits again became problematic when turkey denied passage to us warships seeking to transit the straits. The montreux convention regarding the regime of the straits is a 1936 agreement that gives turkey control over the bosporus straits and the dardanelles and regulates the transit of naval warships the convention gives turkey full control over the straits and guarantees the free passage of civilian vessels in peacetime. The montreux convention regarding the regime of the straits was convened in 1936 with the nations of australia bulgaria france germany greece japan the soviet union turkey the united kingdom and yugoslavia attending to determine the handling of the turkish straits both in military and regulatory ways
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.